A voice of reason for your family law case.
A lawyer who brings experience, acumen, and empathy to the legal process.
An advocate who brings experience, acumen, creativity, and empathy to the legal process
Prenuptial & Postnuptial
A client may want to execute agreements related to division of property and certain aspects of spousal support, among other issues, either prior to their marriage or during their marriage.
Michelle takes a proactive and cooperative approach when drafting such agreements so the process is seamless and aligned with her client’s needs and interests.
Your 3 Easy Steps
1. Schedule Free Consultation
Click here to meet with Michelle.
2. Select Preferred Process
Match the best process to your individual matter.
3. Plan Your Best Way Forward
Put yourself on the right path for your best life.
Family conflict can be daunting, stressful and emotionally painful for you and your loved ones.
Michelle can help you find a new way forward. She is results— oriented and begins by learning what is most important to you, your fears and concerns, and your hopes and goals for life after divorce. You will feel heard, understood and protected.
St. Louis University School of Law, J.D. (1999)
Indiana University, B.A. (1996)
Advanced Training and Certifications
- American Bar Association Trial Advocacy Institute
- American Bar Association’s Advanced Trial Advocacy Institute focusing exclusively on business valuations
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA) training and certification
- Certified Mediator
- Certified Collaborative Practitioner
Awards and Recognitions
- Lawyer of the Year, Collaborative Law: Family Law Chicago, The Best Lawyers of America (2022)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers of America, by Neifeh and Smith (2015-2022)
- Named on the 10 Best Attorneys in Illinois for Outstanding Client Service by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys (AIOFLA) (2017-2019)
- “40 Under 40 Illinois Attorneys to Watch” by the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (2010)
- Illinois Super Lawyers (2014-2022)
- Illinois Super Lawyers – Rising Star (2013)
- Listed as a Top 100 Women Consumer Lawyer by Leading Lawyers Magazine (2016)
- Leading Lawyers Network (2013-2019)
Memberships and Community Involvement
- Frequent author and lecturer on family law subjects and current co-author the IICLE Family Law Flash Points with Donald C. Schiller.
- Illinois State Bar Association, Family Law Section Council, Member
- American Bar Association
- Indiana University Women’s Philanthropy Leadership Council
- Holy Trinity High School Board of Trustees
- Past-Chair of the Chicago Bar Association Domestic Relations Committee.