Michelle A. Lawless
Lawyer. Speaker. Advocate.
Designing your Business through Authentic Entrepreneurship.
Not all Divorce is Created Equal. What Trusted Advisors Need to Know about Divorce Conflict Resolution.
Client Centered Divorce
Creating Agency in your Own Divorce: Empowerment with Knowledge, Support, and Strategy.
Starting your own firm
Taking the Leap – Practical Advice to Starting your Own Firm.
All presentations can be architected for panel discussion, fireside chat, workshop, or stand-alone speech.
Women & Money: The Sh*t We Don’t Talk About!
Knowing Your Finances in Marriage and Divorce with Michelle Lawless
On today’s episode, Michelle Lawless, an experienced litigator in the field of family law joins us to explain how she is helping women through divorce. She enjoys helping people navigate divorce outside of the courtroom, giving them a customized approach to divorce, and finding an agreement between parties in this tough situation.
DreamsRecycled hosted by Tiffany Ann
Tiffany Ann Beverlin CEO founder of DreamsRecycled, speaks to experts in their field and inspirational people on recycling your life and finding joy, to live your best life.
Everyone goes through some adversity, whether divorce or any kind of other loss, we are here to help you thrive.
Michelle Lawless: Relief Through Technology.
How Family Law Clients Benefit from Tech-Savvy Firms.
Family law is rife with emotion. Michelle Lawless kept that in mind when she built her solo family law practice, after a 19-year tenure at a successful Chicago family law firm. Balancing kindness with efficient processes, Michelle explains how technology, which is usually on the wrong side of the ‘good for mental health’ equation, actually makes difficult family matters easier to emotionally handle.
It’s just a bonus that it keeps her solo venture moving full speed.
Indiana University, B.A. (1996)
Advanced Training and Certifications
- American Bar Association Trial Advocacy Institute
- American Bar Association’s Advanced Trial Advocacy Institute focusing exclusively on business valuations
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA) training and certification
- Certified Mediator
- Certified Collaborative Practitioner
Awards and Recognitions
- Lawyer of the Year, Collaborative Law: Family Law Chicago, The Best Lawyers of America (2022 and 2024)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers of America, by Neifeh and Smith (2015-2024)
- Named on the 10 Best Attorneys in Illinois for Outstanding Client Service by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys (AIOFLA) (2017-2019)
- “40 Under 40 Illinois Attorneys to Watch” by the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin (2010)
- Illinois Super Lawyers (2014-2024)
- Illinois Super Lawyers – Rising Star (2013)
- Listed as a Top 100 Women Consumer Lawyer by Leading Lawyers Magazine (2016)
- Leading Lawyers Network (2013-2019)
Memberships and Community Involvement
- Frequent author and lecturer on family law subjects and current co-author the IICLE Family Law Flash Points with Donald C. Schiller.
- Illinois State Bar Association, Family Law Section Council, Member
- American Bar Association
- Indiana University Women’s Philanthropy Leadership Council
- Holy Trinity High School Board of Trustees
- Past-Chair of the Chicago Bar Association Domestic Relations Committee.